Tape In Hair Extensions - Everything You Need To Know
What Are Tape in Hair Extensions?
Tape Ins are a type of hair extension consisting of a 4cm wide weft of hair secured at the top with a sticky tab that is attached to the hair. The adhesive used on tape extensions is a gentle medical glue, the same as what is used in plasters and other medical forms.
The sticky part of the tape is covered by a paper tab that is easily peeled away when you are ready to use them, the sticky tab can be removed and re-taped with each use making this method not only super quick and easy but cost-effective too. Tape-in hair extensions are great if you want to temporarily lengthen your hair, boost volume or add in some highlights. They’re relatively easy to put in and do not require special heat tools.
What Are The Advantages of Tape In?
⭐ They don’t damage your hair
The pieces weigh between 2 and 3 g, so they won’t feel heavy or slide off. They work really well if you have fragile and/or damaged hair.
⭐ Longer lifespan
Tape-in extensions are reusable for up to 1-years.
⭐ Natural-looking result
Thanks to the soft, thin tape, you get a discreet attachment. Your magnificent locks will certainly stand out, but it won’t be obvious that you’re wearing extensions...
⭐ Easy to remove
Thanks to our special remover, it’s easy to remove the extensions when it’s time to move them up.
⭐ Easy to reuse
Buy our refill tape so they can be reused. Practical, easy and value for money!
The tape is both soft and very thin. You’ll hardly notice that you have them in.
How To Attach Tape In Hair Extensions
- Wash your hair with shampoo before applying the hair extensions.
- Part the hair into various areas. Lift small amounts of hair and apply a pre-taped hair section under the hair close to the parting. Add a second tape hair section on the top of the parting and press together.
- If possible, do not style or wash your hair for at least two days after application.
- When washing your hair, avoid getting conditioner on the tape sections.
- To help your fasteners last as long as possible, we recommend blow-drying your hair carefully at a low temperature after washing.
- Insertions lasts for approx. 5 to 8 weeks. Check the attachments after 4 weeks.
@kennedyysimoneee DIY Tape ins at home!
How To Remove Tape In Hair Extensions?
Although you can remove tape in hair extensions by yourself, it is recommended that you should get professional assistance to remove tape in hair extensions, so ask your stylist to arrange a removal service when you make an appointment at the salon.
@kslayedk #tapein #tapeinextensions #tapeinremoval #tapeins #tapeinstallation #rawhair #hairtok #kslayedcollection #kslayed ♬ Massive - Drake
Before the extensions may be carefully removed from the hair, the glue is often melted or broken down using a liquid to moisten the bonds. The medical-grade glue or adhesive may also be diluted by certain stylists using a spray containing alcohol or acetone, allowing the weft to be pulled away from the real hair. Several washes may be required, depending on the glue removal method, to guarantee that no glue or residue is left in the hair or on the scalp.